Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A new sketchbook...



I bought this book thinking it was a book on drawing and sketchbooks, but it is mostly a blank sketchbook and at first I was disappointed, but then I decided it might be fun to use as my nature sketchbook. On Sunday I was really feeling an urge to do some sketching but when I looked out the window I felt like there wouldn't be much to draw in mid-winter. Then I decided I would just draw whatever I found like twigs, seedpods or any kind of leaf, and it turned out to be a really fun sketching session. There really are a million things out there to draw when you let go of expectations.

2 comments:

  1. You are great at still life..nature Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni - your sketches are wonderful - I just love nature studies and can't wait to see more of yours. Your comment about always finding something to draw when we let go of expectations is so true. So glad you shared. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete